[Vandal] Vandal Athletics Events to Continue Without Fans

robiegruss at aol.com robiegruss at aol.com
Tue Nov 17 13:30:11 PST 2020

>From Athletic CommunicartionsU of I Athletic DepartmentMoscow, IdahoTuesday, November 17, 2020

Vandal Athletics Events to Continue Without Fans
MOSCOW, Idaho   University of Idaho Athletics will open its basketball seasons withoutfans due to coronavirus restrictions. Swim and dive events will continue without fans.
 In partnership with Idaho Public Health, medical experts and university leadership, we havedetermined it is best to play our upcoming home events without fans. This will remain ineffect until it is deemed reasonable to allow spectators in our venues,  said Director ofAthletics Terry Gawlik.  Of course this will be disappointing for our student-athletes, families,coaches and fans, but I know our Vandal teams will embrace the opportunity to compete.
Gov. Brad Little announced the move back to Stage Two of the Idaho Rebounds: Our Path toProsperity plan last week. Stage Two brings several restrictions, including limited gatheringsin indoor spaces. Vandal Athletics will continue hosting events, with numerous additionalprotocols to help limit potential risk associated with COVID-19.
Idaho women’s basketball opens up the regular season at home on November 25, againstLewis-Clark State at 6 p.m. The women will play three more games at home in December,while the men won’t compete in Moscow until December 31.
Home basketball games will be streamed through the PlutoTV app, channel 1010. Home swimmeets will continue to be streamed through Facebook Live at GoVandals.com/VandalAthletics.