[Vandal] Vandals Get A Verbal From Florida Prep Cornerback

robiegruss at aol.com robiegruss at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 10:48:02 PST 2019

>From The Lewiston TribuneLewiston, IdahoTuesday, January 15, 2019
Vandals Get A Verbal From Florida Prep Cornerback, Name Assisant Coach
Staff Report
MOSCOW   The Idaho football team received some good news Monday on the recruiting andcoaching fronts.
Florida prep prospect Travon Killins, a 6-foot cornerback, announced his commitment tothe Vandals on Twitter. Also on Monday, Idaho coach Paul Petrino named Steve Oliver anassistant coach.
Killins, a senior at Spruce Creek High in Port Orange, Florida, is a three-star prospect on247Sports, a two-star prospect on rivals.com and an All-Area honorable mention by The DaytonaBeach News-Journal.
He has offers from 10 schools, including Iowa State of the Big 12 Conference and Minnesota ofthe Big 10 Conference, according to 247Sports.
"I would like to thank God, my entire family, coaching staff & my teammates into the personI am on and off the field,"  Killins said via Twitter.  "After talking things over with my family,I have decided to commit to the University of Idaho!"
Idaho already had 13 players sign national letters of intent last month during the early signingperiod, including several that coaches think could play right away.
If Killins joins that crew, he could be a potential boost to an Idaho secondary that was eighth inthe Big Sky last season in passing defense (236.9 yards per game allowed) and 10th ininterceptions (4).
On the offensive side, Steve Oliver will be responsible for coaching tight ends after spending lastseason as director of football operations. Before that he was an offensive graduate assistant in2016-2017.
Prior to his stint as a graduate assistant, Oliver played offensive line at San Diego, earning abachelor’s degree in finance in 2016.
"Steve has a really bright future in the coaching profession,"  Petrino said.  "He has done a greatjob for us first as a graduate assistant and then working in operations. He’s smart, organized andunderstands the importance of teaching fundamentals and technique. We’re excited to have himas a full-time, on-field coach."