[Vandal] Bud Ford Bleeds Black, Gold

robiegruss at aol.com robiegruss at aol.com
Sat Dec 22 09:47:06 PST 2018

>From the Daily NewsMoscow, IdahoSaturday, December 22, 2018
Bud Ford Bleeds Silver, Gold
88-year-old Coeur d’Alene man never attended UI but has supported the school for seven decades
By Garrett Cabeza
Bud Ford has bled silver and gold since he started attending University of Idaho athletic eventsin 1946.
Ford, 88, of Coeur d'Alene, never attended the UI, but his son, daughter and grandchildren did.His daughter, Karen, played volleyball for the Vandals.
The longtime UI booster and 2016 Vandal Hall of Fame inductee made a large donation to aKibbie Dome renovation, and the Bud and June Ford Club inside the dome is proof of hiscontribution. June, Bud's wife, died two years ago.
Now, the court at the new Idaho Central Credit Union Arena will feature his name after hedonated $2.5 million toward the project.
"Bud has done so much for this institution," UI Interim Athletic Director Pete Isakson said. "Ifyou look around at different places, you'll see his name on some things, and it's because of thegenerosity that he's had.
"He's adopted us and we've adopted him back, and the impact that he's made throughout all ofour different sports, we wouldn't be where we are today without Bud Ford."
Ford served more than six decades as a high school football official and more than 30 years asa high school basketball official in the Inland Northwest.
He owns three manufactured home parks in north Idaho and maintains the parks to this day, hesaid.
"I enjoy work," Ford said. "It makes me feel young."