[Sbse] The history of Mechanics Institutes

Susan Roaf s.roaf at btinternet.com
Mon May 31 09:18:11 PDT 2021

Dear SBSEers

This is being flagged in the SBSE newsletter - but i want to share this
excellent article on our hunt for the Mechanics Institutes of Scotland.
If any of you know of any MIs in your town or city please let us know -
they were amazingly widespread and really helped to educate the
generation of workers for the Industrial revolutions etc.

Do email me if you have any history you can add to our Hunt.

Best as aye, and thanks for any help in advance.

Sue

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.scotsman.com/heritage-and-retro/heritage/appeal-launched-to-celebrate-200th-anniversary-of-trailblazing-mechanics-institutes-which-scotland-exported-to-the-world-3254540__;!!JYXjzlvb!2kTXlEPYGXYRCrKYx4YnJ4trUAuiz_s6MNLb_zmkX0BCHDM3wl39_6b5sGl_Fw$