[Sbse] ASHRAE Lowdown Showdown Modeling Competition

Matthias Haase mathaase at gmail.com
Mon May 10 04:03:42 PDT 2021

Dear all,

I agree that we need guidelines for pressure drops of screens and other
devices (e.g.  shading). But we also need more research on pressure
distribution around buildings and within districts. These have to be
measured and calculated taking local solar radiation, absorption and
convection into account. Many models I have seen are not detailed enough
and often make simplifying assumptions. Measurements of airflow around
buildings is often very generic and static. Any hint to work that has
focused on this is much appreciated! UHI is going in the right direction
but often asks for UHI mitigation instead of designing with pressure
differences. Again, hints to promising work in this direction are most
welcome.

best regards

Matthias Haase
Professor for Building systems at Institute for Facility Management - ZHAW
Zurich University of Applied Sciences
Editor of the International Journal of Sustainable Built Environment IJSBE
Editor of the Journal of Green Building

Guest Editor of  Energies (available in Web of Science - Special Issue on

"Energy Efficiency Improvement Measures in Buildings
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mdpi.com/journal/energies/special_issues/energy_efficiency_improvement_measures_buildings__;!!JYXjzlvb!zwoS2CQR6mCWqocWcBXaZnWZ1p6qIvo0XeQc2fsefZ69acOpdownbhI_cmQgdg$ >
"

and

 “Sustainable Renovation and Energy Retrofit in Buildings
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.mdpi.com/journal/energies/special_issues/building_renovation_energy_retrofit__;!!JYXjzlvb!zwoS2CQR6mCWqocWcBXaZnWZ1p6qIvo0XeQc2fsefZ69acOpdownbhKC9beiDw$ >
”

Guest Editor of Frontiers Special Issue on Positive Energy Districts
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/14941__;!!JYXjzlvb!zwoS2CQR6mCWqocWcBXaZnWZ1p6qIvo0XeQc2fsefZ69acOpdownbhLZkfoLQg$ >
blogger <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://blogg.sintef.no/author/matthiashaase/__;!!JYXjzlvb!zwoS2CQR6mCWqocWcBXaZnWZ1p6qIvo0XeQc2fsefZ69acOpdownbhLY5qIwYQ$ >
IBPSA, supporting member and project committee chair
IBPSA, director-at-large
IBPSA-nordic, president
IBPSA-nordic, founding member

Google Scholars
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://scholar.google.no/citations?hl=en&user=mShniYkAAAAJ__;!!JYXjzlvb!zwoS2CQR6mCWqocWcBXaZnWZ1p6qIvo0XeQc2fsefZ69acOpdownbhLh44Kp8w$ >

[image: supporting member 2019 logo - use restricted to supporting member
status only] <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://scholar.google.no/citations?hl=en&user=mShniYkAAAAJ__;!!JYXjzlvb!zwoS2CQR6mCWqocWcBXaZnWZ1p6qIvo0XeQc2fsefZ69acOpdownbhLh44Kp8w$ >
  <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://scholar.google.no/citations?hl=en&user=mShniYkAAAAJ__;!!JYXjzlvb!zwoS2CQR6mCWqocWcBXaZnWZ1p6qIvo0XeQc2fsefZ69acOpdownbhLh44Kp8w$ >

"*We build too many walls and not enough bridges*"

Sir Isaak Newton