[Sbse] Visiting Faculty opening at Univ of Oregon

Nancy Cheng nywc at uoregon.edu
Mon May 3 18:40:24 PDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

We are happy to announce a new visiting faculty opportunity at the University of Oregon.  Unlike our typical part-time instructor positions, this full-time fixed term position includes pay for service and research in addition to teaching five courses per year.   It is a 9 month contract, beginning in late Sept 2021, renewable up to two years upon availability of resources and agreement of all parties.  We will likely have tenure track openings in the following years due to anticipated retirements. https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/527275/visiting-faculty-department-of-architecture-open-pool__;!!JYXjzlvb!3wQ4n_E872T209SUOhZqua04FHuFnZoWNjr4QsFxUWLx5kZXgH73tpKjA2Z4tg$

Our department greatly values the holistic integration of social, aesthetic and contextual considerations in creating places that are sustainable and welcoming to all.  We are eager to bring a great architectural designer who shares these values and whose perspective could complement our existing faculty.  We especially welcome those who have excellent practice experience, who can convey how to bring a strong concept to fruition through building organization, materials and detailing.  We can provide team-teaching or mentoring for those with little instructional experience.

Could you please spread the word to those who are well qualified and have the mobility to come to Eugene, Oregon?  It's a very livable college town with strong natural beauty, cultural events and restaurants.  I would be happy to talk with any potential candidates.

Thanks for your help in bringing us great colleague!

Nancy Yen-wen Cheng, RA, LEED AP
Associate Professor, Department of Architecture
School of Architecture and Environment | College of Design
1206 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-1206 USA
Skype ncheng1  https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://nancycheng.net__;!!JYXjzlvb!3wQ4n_E872T209SUOhZqua04FHuFnZoWNjr4QsFxUWLx5kZXgH73tpJEtNMp7g$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://nancycheng.net/__;!!JYXjzlvb!3wQ4n_E872T209SUOhZqua04FHuFnZoWNjr4QsFxUWLx5kZXgH73tpK8DyvoRA$ >