[Sbse] CLIMATE SCOUT

Pablo La Roche pmlaroche at cpp.edu
Sun Apr 25 22:19:29 PDT 2021

Hello SBSE friends

At CallisonRTKL we just got out CLIMATE SCOUT, a web-based application for climate analysis. It provides climate-specific design advice at the building scale by pairing the Köppen-Geiger climates with building scale design strategies from Architecture 2030’s Palette. After clicking on the world map to select a climate zone, the application takes you to another page where you can build a section combining appropriate strategies for the selected climate. As you select strategies (we pre selected by comparing the 27 building scale strategies from the 2030 palette with the 30 Köppen-Geiger climate subtypes) they appear in real-time overlaid in diagrammatic form, providing an immediate visual connection between the climate and the architectural idea. Clicking on the strategy icon takes you to another page with basic strategy information and links to the 2030 Palette with even more information and examples.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.callisonrtkl.com/climate-scout-intro/__;!!JYXjzlvb!yANs4QDsj_gyBgkj5KaHkUF0t1o5Iu1hdtUbEHKK17ssvjO2V59OPa5rifhQag$

This is the first version so try it out in your practice or with your students and let me know what you think.

All the best,

Pablo

Pablo La Roche Ph.D. LEED AP BD+C
Professor
Department of Architecture
Interim Director, Lyle Center for Regenerative Studies
Cal Poly Pomona
909 869 2700