[Sbse] SBSE Retreat 2021 Questionnaire
nelsonkr at udmercy.edu
Thu Apr 15 11:00:02 PDT 2021
SBSE Retreat 2021 Questionnaire
The SBSE Board is continuing to develop the plans for the 2021 SBSE Retreat in Detroit, MI. If you are considering attending the retreat, please complete the following survey to assist the Board with planning for the event.
Furthermore, the Board is issuing a follow-up call for proposals and scholarships. Proposals in the following areas are being accepted:
Topics for Sessions & Workshops:
* Sustainable Systems at Scale —Activities, programs, and research engaging sustainable approaches to neighborhoods, districts, villages, cities and regions – Air, Water, Temperature, Human Comfort, Acoustics, Light, Other.
* Material Impacts —Activities, assignments, and exercises that address the impact of material selection on resources, materials, and manufacturing energy.
* Climate + Resilience —Projects and activities involving weather and climate analysis and strategies that address building and community impacts.
* Strategies and Tools—Exemplar tools, methods, and strategies that help students and practitioners engage sustainability, especially at a larger scale.
* Roundtable Discussions & Working Groups—“Hot topics,” which could include case studies, book and grant proposals, promotion/tenure/mentorship issues, contributions to the 2050 Imperative, and so on.
Request a slot in the fast-paced Pecha Kucha session to quickly share emerging ideas using the popular 20 slides/20 seconds format.
Further information on scholarship applications and session proposal format can be found on the conference website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sbse.org/retreats__;!!JYXjzlvb!2_6SHwwOPvKZImyCYL4S1cxs40KKyb6zeNgUq_SWFzmscKluohxGgSrt8eQPow$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https*3A*2F*2Fwww.sbse.org*2Fretreats&data=04*7C01*7Cnelsonkr*40udmercy.edu*7C660d3ae72db448834b2608d8ff935917*7Cc8a4c2d8bd6840bab8b67522be9a7171*7C0*7C0*7C637540355629950857*7CUnknown*7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0*3D*7C1000&sdata=3rLpcF6zbPV*2Fg3aOlt*2BRAQ8Msu6skBthrEZtPwSpEbI*3D&reserved=0__;JSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJSUlJQ!!JYXjzlvb!2_6SHwwOPvKZImyCYL4S1cxs40KKyb6zeNgUq_SWFzmscKluohxGgSoamJ4JYw$ >
Kristin Nelson, AIA, NCARB
Assistant Professor (she/her)
University of Detroit Mercy
School of Architecture + Community Development
4001 McNichols Road
Detroit, MI 48221
nelsonkr at udmercy.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SBSE