[Sbse] Publishing question and Renewable Energy Topic

Susan Roaf s.roaf at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 12 11:11:36 PDT 2021

Dorothy Excellent,

Well done you refining such subjects to make them more useable for
ordinary architects (students - people).  Make the book proposition sexy
- then lots of publishers will bite your hand off for it.  The title
will tell all.  Thinks of riffs on it - Run on the Sun - Safe as Solar
Houses.....  dont just make it technical - but make it personal - so a)
WHY are you writing it ?  to make sure all buildings are run on solar
for the sake of the planet - and building owners and occupants ...(Big
Vision - Big Audience .this is about local resilience and global
responsibility)      b) WHO is it aimed at - You / Me / Everyone  - shed
all those skins self-rick concerns - think big - Go For IT. Maybe your
help might change the life of millions of ordinary Joes - like me -
explain why it matters - by-pass architectural prejudices, and use your
'evidence based science' to help ordinary home or business owners to
de-couple them selves to failing political and physical infra-structure.
Go Sexy - Make your book matter - not a boring architecture Business as
Usual text book.  Make it about how solar matters for our economy - our
society and the planet.   And get a  good graphic designer.

This could be a very successful book indeed.

Sue