[Sbse] Publishing question and Renewable Energy Topic

Dorothy Gerring dgerring at pct.edu
Sun Apr 11 14:20:58 PDT 2021

Hi SBSE Folks:
I've been teaching a class on siting, sizing, specifying renewable energy systems for about 10 years. The books I've been using have become a bit dated (and they don't seem like they are going to be updated) and I was thinking of writing one because I can't find anything like what I want.

My questions:

  1.  Would you find it helpful to have a book that explains basic siting, sizing, and specifying of typical renewable energy systems? This could be used for a studio class (or a systems class) or for a building owner wanting to understand how and why to make their building more efficient and if it is a good candidate for renewables.
  2.  What experiences (good and bad) have you had with publishers (such as Wiley, McGraw Hill, etc.) and would you recommend one over another?

As always, thank you for your feedback and lively discussion! It is wonderful to have a world-wide community of people who are so enthusiastic about teaching and sharing about building science issues.

Dorothy Gerring
Associate Professor
Architectural Technology and Sustainable Design
RA, LEED AP BD+C, CPHC
Pennsylvania College of Technology
One College Avenue
Williamsport, PA 17701
570-326-3761 ext. 7015

This email may contain confidential information about a Pennsylvania College of Technology student. It is intended solely for the use of the recipient. This email may contain information that is considered an "educational record" subject to the protections of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Regulations. The regulations may be found at 34 C.F.R. Part 99 for your reference. The recipient may only use or disclose the information in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act Regulations. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the email.