[Sbse] Argon Transport Gas Loss in IGUs

Sam Jensen Augustine sjensenaugustine at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 12:41:08 PST 2020

Hi All,

Happy Holidays-

I am hoping someone on the listserv has some experience or knowledge of
argon gas leakage from IGUs due to transport across different altitudes.

I am familiar with argon leakage over time (thanks Steve Selkowitz)> Since
moving to Utah I have encountered much more concern over transport losses,
even with "overfilled, breather tube" argon  IGUs.

Conceptually I understand the concern of changing altitudes and
pressures--but I don't understand how it is possible that this is only an
issue in the intermountain west, especially with manufacturers like Alpen
located in the Rockies or long distance transport across the Sierras.

Anyone have experience or data on this?

Thanks,
--
*Sam Jensen Augustine *