[Sbse] These sites have been hollowed out, any info?

Nadav Malin nadav at buildinggreen.com
Tue Jan 29 07:14:38 PST 2019

Hi Terri,

I wish I had better news for you. After we built this database for/with NREL and DOE and hosted it for over ten years, we handed it over to NREL starting in 2012. We couldn’t keep hosting/supporting it due to funding hiccups and increased security requirements. That transition didn’t go well, and it’s never been the same since.

It seems that it’s languishing even further now. Creating a good database of case studies is not easy!

I thought that New Buildings Institute had a registry of net zero buildings, but it seems like they just have a list of case studies <https://newbuildings.org/hubs/zero-net-energy/#case-studies>.

AIA COTE Top Ten projects <https://www.aia.org/awards/7301-cote-top-ten-awards> is a good list, with great images (but check about copyright before using them!). But it’s not searchable, just organized by year.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Nadav

Nadav Malin, LEED Fellow, Hon. AIA
President | BuildingGreen
nadav at buildinggreen.com | @nadavbg
(802) 579-4891

Connect with us: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn