[Sbse] Bottle house construction at Kavre, Nepal

Rupesh Shrestha rupeshshrestha2005 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 10:45:33 PST 2019

Dear SBSE'rs,

Greetings from Kathmandu ! I would like to share about a project I recently
completed called "Bottle house".

*What is a bottle house?*
Bottle house is a building construction technology which is a
cost-effective, environmentally-friendly alternative to conventional
building bricks. The house built up by waste Polyethylene Terephthalate
(PET) plastic bottles filled with sand or soil as a building unit for
eco-sustainability.

A student workshop was conducted for disseminating knowledge about this
technology. Students then volunteered in construction of this house which
is made for a earthquake affected family. Students are from Architecture /
engineering college in Kathmandu.  The idea was to involve students during
actual construction so that students can benefit in following ways:-

- Working with community as a volunteer
- Exposure in sustainable building construction technology sector
- Leadership development
- Outside the class learning experience in post-disaster reconstruction
setup

Below are the links to:-
1) Brochure of bottle house
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nb5utx24V_Lh80tXGVmt8UbQR0o4HGXq/view?usp=sharing

2) few pictures of the workshop and practical session
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1loCwowIOeFVhmf6MHSHN1t-g-k_A5ZLZ/view?usp=sharing

Your comments and suggestions in this regard will be highly appreciated and
always will be well received !

Thank you and I wish you a pleasant time ahead.

Best regards,
Rupesh

Kathmandu, Nepal