[Sbse] Looking for candidates for the EDR Research Fellowship: Paths to Zero Net Carbon

Z Smith zsmith at eskewdumezripple.com
Thu Feb 21 14:49:49 PST 2019

Please forward to promising candidates

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D4C938.06E63A10]<http://www.eskewdumezripple.com/opportunities/fellowship>

12 month & 3 month appointments for students approaching graduation or recently graduated, embedded in an architectural practice emphasizing the integration of design excellence with environmental and human performance.

Fellows will contribute to a collection of 12 case studies based on real-world projects, identifying what it would take (technically, financially…) to upgrade standard construction to ones that meet Zero Net Carbon operation and lower embodied carbon of construction, while providing environments that support human health.

We have partnerships in place with non-profits, engineering firms, and contractors that will help ensure that the strategies & cost estimates developed are realistic. We have one substantial low-cost Net Zero project that followed this approach already under construction, and another in design.  We will share what we learn freely.

http://www.eskewdumezripple.com/opportunities/fellowship

  *   March 18, 2019 (11:00pm CST): Deadline to Receive Candidate Submissions
  *   March 29, 2019: Selected Finalist Notification
  *   April 12, 2019: Offers Extended
  *   June 4, 2019: (or thereafter) Fellowship Begins

Thanks,

Z SMITH, FAIA, LEED Fellow, WELL AP, Fitwel & Living Building Ambassador
Principal | Director of Sustainability & Building Performance

ESKEW+DUMEZ+RIPPLE, APC
2014 AIA National Architecture Firm Award

365 Canal Street Suite 3150
New Orleans LA 70130
504.561.8686
eskewdumezripple.com<http://www.eskewdumezripple.com/>