[Sbse] Interactive class tips

Pablo La Roche pmlaroche at cpp.edu
Sun Feb 10 00:10:18 PST 2019

Hello SBSE friends,

This semester I started teaching my environmental controls course with 115 students using top hat, an “active learning” tool. I  post questions as I present my slides and students respond using their phones and we can see results projected right away. I like the graphic potential as I can include images in different ways. For example I can post the sun path diagram or the pyschrometric chart and ask the students to select specific points, for example 50% RH with 75 F. We can all see results plotted right away as hotspots. I do a couple of other minor things but wanted to know if there are any recommendations for specific building science activities or any interesting / fun activities

Thanks

Pablo

Sent from my iPad