[Sbse] These sites have been hollowed out, any info?

Fred Tepfer ftepfer at uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 1 08:59:38 PST 2019

Has anyone tried searching the Internet Archive, http://web.archive.org, aka the Wayback Machine?  It’s a little cumbersome at times, but a lot of important stuff is archived there.  The missing data might be able to be recovered and then archived in a more useful way by SBSE, AIA, or some other organization.

It might also be wise to identify critical resources and ensure that they’re mirrored on other servers so that they don’t completely go away unexpectedly.  Libraries have been very effective at building consortiums to better curate paper and digital data, so this might be considered in partnership with one or more major research libraries.

I’m too tied up on other projects for a couple of weeks to get very deep into this, but I’d be happy to lend a hand looking into the Wayback Machine if no one else steps forward.

cheers,

Fred
  Fred Tepfer    |   Adjunct Instructor, Architecture, University of Oregon  |  retired from UO Campus Planning: 1 May 2016
    calendar: pages.uoregon.edu/ftepfer/wheresFred.htm    |    photo: photax.wordpress.com   |   web:pages.uoregon.edu/ftepfer