[Sbse] Book announcement: Building Performance Analysis

Pieter De Wilde pieter.dewilde at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Oct 23 02:13:26 PDT 2018

Dear colleagues:
It is my pleasure to announce my new book Building Performance Analysis. The book presents a comprehensive and systematic overview of this surprisingly complex subject, and should be useful to anyone who teaches building science. It consists of three parts. Part I: Foundations reviews the context, background and theory of the subject. Part II: Assessment explores operationalisation and how to quantify building performance, including both simulation as well as physical measurement. Part III: Impact discusses how building performance analysis features in design, construction and operation of buildings. An epilogue presents the emerging theory of building performance analysis. Each main chapter contains the discussion of a case study building that represents the state-of-the-art in the field but also demonstrates remaining challenges.
Building Performance Analysis consists of 11 chapters and 600 pages, and includes over 1600 references. The book is formally endorsed by IBPSA, the International Building Performance Simulation Association (IBPSA). It can be purchased directly from the publisher (Wiley; direct link: http://www.wiley.com/buy/9781119341925), via the major online retailers, and of course via your local bookseller.
I look forward to hear your feedback on the book.
Best regards,
Pieter de Wilde

Prof. Dr. Ir. P.J.C.J de Wilde, CEng FIBPSA FCIBSE MASHRAE FHEA VDI
Professor of Building Performance Analysis
Head of the Department of the  Built Environment
University of Plymouth
Roland Levinsky Building Room 301A
Drake Circus
Plymouth
PL4 8AA
United Kingdom
Email: pieter.dewilde at plymouth.ac.uk<mailto:pieter.dewilde at plymouth.ac.uk>

[http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/images/email_footer.gif]<http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/worldclass>

This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it. If you have received this email in error please let the sender know immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not necessarily secure. While we take every care, University of Plymouth accepts no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails and their attachments. University of Plymouth does not accept responsibility for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this email or its attachments constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied by an official order form.