[Sbse] Solemma Symposium on Oct 23/24 in New York

Christoph Reinhart tito_ at mit.edu
Thu Oct 4 09:59:33 PDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

With this email I am warmly inviting you and/or your students to join us for the Solemma Symposium<https://www.solemma.com/Events.html> in New York City on October 23/24. Of particular interest for building science educators will be an afternoon panel during which architectural educators from Cornell University, MIT, Rhode Island School of Design, Syracuse University, Tulane University and University of Pennsylvania will be sharing their experiences using the DIVA Simulation Game<https://www.solemma.com/SimulationGame.html> in their classes. We will be giving a workshop on the use of the game during our Oct 24 training.

Solemma Symposium (formerly DIVA DAY) is an annual event on the use of environmental analysis tools in design practice, research and architectural education. The symposium brings together practicing architects, sustainability consultants and building science educators to share their work and learn from each other. Previous events were hosted by the University of California Berkeley (2017), University of Toronto (2016), Architectural Association (2015), University of Washington (2014), Thornton Tomasetti (2013) and MIT (2012). This year's Solemma Symposium and Training will be a two day event in Cornell University's 26 Broadway location in Lower Manhattan<https://aap.cornell.edu/academics/nyc>. Day one will consist of presentations and discussions focused on how Solemma's software tools can be used in design and performance-evaluation workflows. Day two is dedicated to training newcomers in the use of Solemma's DIVA and ALFA tools. We are looking forward to seeing you in New York.

Warm regards,
Christoph