[Sbse] Comfort at The Extremes Dubai April 19

SUSAN ROAF s.roaf at btopenworld.com
Tue Oct 2 04:05:05 PDT 2018

Dear Colleagues and Friends,

At our PLEA 2017 conference (www.plea2017.net ) and the WindsorConference on Comfort (www.windsorconference.com ) we produced detailedLegacy Documents that did highlight that more extreme climate trends and eventswill increasingly shape design.  So wehave put together a new conference on ‘Comfort at the Extremes’. See:

https://comfortattheextremes.com/

If you saw the Activism book you will see that we have credibly and robustly widened the acceptable comfort zone in homes to between 18-35C. The idea that humans are only 'comfortable' between 20-26C is ridiculous and invented to sell machines.  Come and find out what it is all about in Dubai next April.  It is issues around comfort that will define the new vernacular for homes and buildings in the 21st century.

Do look at the interesting range of workshops and speakers. Wehope it will be a really innovative event and if you yourself, or know someonewho does, work in related fields do consider submitting an abstract.  The hotels listed on the Venue drop down arevery reasonable as is the registration fee.

We hope to see many of you there.

Best wishes,

Sue Roaf